- Build a pet emergency kit, which should include food, water, a leash, comfort items, waste cleanup materials and any applicable medicine.
- Make sure your pet is tagged with a microchip or collar and that the contact information is up to date.
- Always carry pictures of your pet in the event you are separated.If you need to leave or evacuate the house and can’t find their pet, know where they like to hide when they are scared; this will help you find them faster and make sure they leave with you in safety.
- Have a “safe house” ready for your pet, a place you can take them in the event of an emergency. It could be a neighbor’s house or that of a friend.
- If you’re faced with an emergency, Sitters4Critters is here for you, thanks to our Emergency On-Call Service, which includes 24/7 access to the pet sitter, a discount on services rendered and guaranteed care for as long as needed.Stay safe and happy with your pets!
If you have any questions or comments, give us a call! 1-866-38-PET-SIT